Crispy Buffalo Buttermilk Oven Fried Chicken
This Crispy Buffalo Buttermilk Oven Fried Chicken is so moist and juicy with just the right amount of spice. It’s baked, not fried so it’s healthier, yet you still get that great crunchy coating.
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup low fat buttermilk ( recipe )
1/4 cup buffalo hot sauce*
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
3+ tablespoons canola or grape seed oil
*feel free to use any hot sauce you prefer. INSTRUCTIONS: 1. Trim chicken breasts if necessary and slice each into 2-3 strips.
2. In a large freezer bag (or container), combine buttermilk and hot sauce. Add chicken strips, seal, and give it a good rub to get all that flavor in the chicken. (*At this point, you can refrigerate for a few hours if you like).
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
4. In a shallow dish, combine Panko, flour, salt, pepper, paprika and seasoning salt. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and coat well. Press the crumbs on firmly.
5. Line a dark, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, cutting to fit flat on the bottom. Brush with 3 tablespoons canola oil.
6. Place each piece of chicken on the pan, leaving a good amount of space in between. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping gently half way through. If desired, broil for 2-3 minutes to crisp up at the end.
7. Remove from pan to a paper-towel lined plate (do not stack them) and serve immediately. Tips & Tricks: Use a dark baking sheet and make sure that your parchment paper is cut to fit inside it and lay flat. * When you’re coating the chicken, get in there and really press the crumbs onto the chicken firmly. * Be gentle when you’re flipping and moving it. * I used 1/4 cup sriracha sauce in this recipe, but if you want it more spicy, try up to 1/2 cup.
* I lightly brush the tops with oil just before flipping them at the halfway mark. This made them evenly crispy on both sides.
#friedchicken #bakedchickenstrips #TerriWindover #TheRantingCook #hotsauce #buttermilk #panko #easyrecipes #bestrecipes