Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip Cookies-Copycat
There’s chocolate chip cookies, then there are THESE chocolate chip cookies. Crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside. You’ll be as big a fan of these as I am after the first batch.
A few tips for you first. If it says “just blended” or “just mixed”. LISTEN. 😂 The fastest way to flat cookies is to over-mix it. Also, make sure your baking soda is fresh and use unsalted butter.
Last but not least, make sure your cookie sheets cool between batches. I use three so one is always cooled by the time I need it again.
2 1/2 cups unbleached flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 eggs, large
2 tsp vanilla
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 300 F (no this is NOT a typo)
2. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk well and set aside.
3. In large bowl with electric mixer or your countertop mixer, blend sugars on medium until mixed.
4. Add butter and mix to form a grainy paste,scraping down sides of bowl.
5. Add eggs and vanilla, mix at medium speed until JUST blended.
6. Add flour mix and chocolate chips and pecans.
7. Blend at low speed until JUST mixed.
8. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
9. Bake for 18-22 mimutes. Transfer immediately to racks to cool with a spatula.
10. Try not to eat them all at once. You will likely fail, but hey, it’s worth a try.